At ESL our mission is to create a world where everybody can be somebody. As a Front End Developer at ESL you will work closely with back-end developers and UX designers to create interfaces using a variety of front-end technologies. Primary responsibilities include designing and coding enhancements and feature additions to our suite of products.
As a Frontend Software Engineer you will as part of a team help build new & maintain existing features for our online products. You will be helping to build the cutting edge technology we need to create technologies to create richer online experiences for gamers world wide. You will work with a team that is mostly remote based, so being familiar with this type of work environment is critical. Our team is also spread across different time zones, so being flexible for the different team members is also important to the job.
Your Future Tasks:
- Develop cutting-edge user interfaces for the full suite of company products and microservices
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure development efforts meet overall requirements of building and implementing next-generation products
- Build high-quality user interfaces guided by mock-ups provided by Product Owners and UX Designers
- 2+ Years of React Experience
- 2+ Years of HTML/CSS Experience
- Experience with creating responsive websites and applications
- Experience with building mobile-first websites and applications
- Experience converting Zeplin/Adobe XD/Photoshop templates into React components
- Experience with version-control system Git
- Understanding of the agile development methodology (scrum)
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Passionate about gaming and building gaming related websites
- Flexible with schedule to account for remote job position with a team spread out in different time zones
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field (or equivalent)
- Additional programming language experience (python/golang/php/etc)
- Experience with continuous integration/development (gitlab as a bonus)
- Experience with a Unix work environment
- Typescript experience
- Experience with MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or Google Drive Suite (Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations)
ESL is the world's largest & leading eSports company, operating various online and offline competitions such as Intel Extreme Masters, ESL One, CS:GO Pro-League as well as numerous regional and national leagues. ESL has offices in 13 different countries and operations on all continents with around 500 employees. The global Headquarters is in Cologne, and we belong to MTG (Modern Times Group).
We are an incredibly fast paced digital company, driven by the passion for creating this new chapter of the sports entertainment history. We value independent minds, initiative and start-up mindset. We give quickly responsibilities and opportunities, with us you really can be somebody and have a positive impact.