We are looking for a software engineer to join our team! This person will work directly with the Founders and Director of Analytics at 42 to hack on our retail analytics platform.
Retailers and fashion brands have a wealth of data available, but it's locked away in legacy systems and siloed third parties. Figuring out what products are selling in their stores or online, or what’s running out of stock is a daily struggle.
This is what we fix. We’re not just doing reporting - our product is an end-to-end retail analytics stack that supports aggregating all of the data available. International retailers and fashion brands rely on us to make decisions for their business, every day.
After graduating from Y Combinator (W 14), we've worked hard on the product, and we’re ready to grow our engineering team. Our analytics platform is central to the workflow of global retail brands including our customers (e.g. Rebecca Minkoff, The Frye Company, AllSaints).
- We need to keep things fast and granular, even when doing hundreds of aggregations over 250m+ rows across dozens of tables.
- We are also constantly improving our integration framework, and we are looking at ways to make the process more automated.
PROJECTS YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- You'll be talking directly with brands you've heard of, and you'll have a direct impact on their bottom line. At the same time, you'll be making big improvements to our integration framework and on-boarding process.
- Integrate with time-series prediction libraries (or create a model), and give our users the ability to perform forward-looking queries.
- Enable end-users to fork and make live modications to their data (ex: item attributes), and push those changes to other users and source systems.
- Node, Angular
- Apache Spark, Hana
- AWS, Docker
- At least 2 years of professional experience (full-stack or not)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar) strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL and distributed data processing systems
- Excited about working for a seed-stage, growing startup that executes quickly
- You’re resourceful and find ways to get things done
- Proven capabilities and capacity to work remotely and communicate effectively
- You are able to overlap at least four hours of San Francisco working day hours (9 AM – 6 PM Pacific Time)
WHY JOIN US?
- Our product is loved by our customers and has extremely high engagement; users have told us that they would cry if they lost access to 42.
- We are a Y-Combinator backed company, co-founded by two Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients and serial hackathon winners. Our team members come from P&G, SAP, Harvard Business School, Deloitte Consulting, and Flexport.
- We are a no-ego collaborative group! We are always open to sharing ideas about how to improve the platform and processes.
- Our engineers have a high-degree of autonomy, but we all work together to improve the core product and frameworks. Our process is simple and lightweight, as we're still growing the engineering team.
- We do pair programming or white-boarding sessions to solve unfamiliar problems. We encourage pull requests for bigger changes, but engineers are also able to push to production directly.
- Every quarter, we collaborate on high-level goals for the engineering team, both as a company and for the product roadmap. We then have bi-weekly meetings to track the progress of these goals, plan bigger codebase changes, and introduce new framework features to other engineers. We also have a company-wide meeting on Mondays, where engineers demo product-level changes.
WORKING AT 42
We're detail-oriented, ambitious and product-driven. We love hearing our customers say "wow" when we show them what we're up to.
Our benefits include:
- Generous equity in a seed-stage startup
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, wherever you are based
- Any snack you want, or a stipend
- Fitness or gym membership reimbursed
- Flying into San Francisco HQ (or a team meetup in another city) every four months, wherever you are in the world (note = this will resume once it is safe to travel)
If this sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! To prove that you read this posting, put "SWEET LEMONADE" in your application intro note. Thank you!