Grayce helps families navigate needs for aging and vulnerable loved ones. We provide a modern, holistic experience to guide families through their care journeys, offering support for each phase and its needs. In partnership with employers, Grayce’s innovative family benefits solution supports inclusion in the workplace, empowering caregivers to navigate their family role and thrive in their careers.
Our ideal candidate shares our values and is committed to our mission. They are excited to apply their skills to support the company’s growth, contributing to the development of a broader solution that supports millions of family caregivers and their loved ones. Grayce is a female-founded, venture-backed company.
We are seeking an ambitious full stack engineer to take technical ownership of our platform as we continue to build and scale our business. You should have a track record of writing well-designed and thoughtful code, while also being able to chart a path of technical architecture for our platform as it grows.
The Grayce web application has been carefully architected in Ruby on Rails. This role will be the first full-time developer and will work with our contracted development team to continue to build a thoughtful, scalable web application. You will have an impact defining both the technical and cultural aspects of Grayce engineering for the future. You will influence the growth of engineering at Grayce. This position can be fully remote.
Your contribution and impact:
- Own significant parts of the platform and make sound architectural decisions
- Work closely with our head of product to architect, design, implement, and test features
- Work closely with our security and compliance experts to achieve compliance with industry standards and pass audits
- Influence engineering team culture and processes
- Help build, hire, and lead the initial engineering team
You will be successful if you have:
- Significant experience with Ruby on Rails and Postgres
- Experience with Agile teams, rapid iteration, and TDD
- Experience with Heroku
- Operate effectively in a distributed team
- Operate effectively in a small startup: self directed, ok with ambiguity, able to hit the ground running
- 5+ years software development experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience leading small teams
- Experience achieving compliance with SOC 2 / HIPAA
- Experience developing native mobile apps (iOS/Android)
- Experience with security audits and working with pen testers